Pages

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Winter training week 2

Yet more retrospective of a great Winter Training session. Week 2 is usually the injury week. For the last couple of years when something was going to strain or pop it would be week 2. So with that running joke fresh in my mind I continued to be on my best behaviour so as not to do myself a mischief.

I think we had 13-15 in attendance, which was a decent number. A couple of guys sent apologies via Facebook or email which is a welcome change to the past where quite often we wouldn't know from one week to the next who was turning up. A simple apology does wonders to club morale because we then know it's just a one-off and we'll be seeing someone soon again.

Sensei said we had performed over 2,000 suburi in one form or another by the end of the night. Once again it was a great achievement for all not least those that had not had last weeks practice to bring them up to speed and prepare for week two. In fact both Eri and Inaie hadn't been for some time so I expect it was a bit of a shock but they battled through with the rest of us. Sadly it was Inaie's last night as she returns to Korea. It was sad to see her go, I'm not sure if she got into full armour, though she was more than capable. So I don't recall if we got to fence which is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment